This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer. You can check the information that we hold about you by emailing us. We will never provide information of a racist, sexist, aggressive or otherwise unsuitable content via the website to any person, regardless of age.
In order to provide you with the best service we can, flowersby-design.co.uk has made it its policy to monitor the use of its websites and collect certain personal information. When you register to use the online shop, flowersby-design.co.uk will store your e-mail address along with any other information you may provide.
When you use the services on the website, we may need to collect further information about you. This information may include, but is not limited to, details such as your name and address. We may use the information provided to process any transactions undertaken by you and for internal administration and analysis. We never disclose your information to any third parties.
By disclosing your personal information, you agree to collection, storage and processing of your personal information in the manner set out here. We only employ session cookies to store the necessary transaction information during one visit.
For security reasons, there is never any personal data stored in our cookies.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We collect information about you during the checkout process on our store.
What we collect and store….
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
- If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for 7 years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
Who on our team has access
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
- Our team members have access to this information to help fulfill orders, process refunds and support you.
We accept payments through PayPal. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to PayPal, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
Controlling Your Personal Information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information.
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us by using our contact form.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information, which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small admin fee will be payable.
If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to:
Data Protection Information Request
Flowers by Design
263 – 265 Lymington Road
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to (or contact us via our contact form) as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.